Thursday, January 10, 2008

THE RUMOR-MILL

I put the watch on once I got to my desk. I can be a team player. This is an example that needs to be made, and I’m going to do it with a smile. That’s what folks need to know about Leroy J. Powers, he can be a team player. Brice will get what’s coming to him, whatever it is.

We were scheduled to have a staff meeting this morning, but I decided to sit out. Apparently, so did a few others. Sometimes, I think these folks need to be disciplined a bit more. Folks just coming and going as they please, and now Rona and Sasha are at my desk.

“Hey Leroy.” Rona smiled.

“We heard about yesterday.” Sasha finished.

I didn’t speak, I just nodded.

“Oh, cute watch!” Rona was side tracked.

“We just want you to know that we are on your side.” Sasha leaned over to hug me, though I was sitting down.

Now I was confused. “My side?”

“Yeah, Ron, over in procurement, said that Brice sees a therapist and that he was trying to take Terra from you, but you had to go fight for your girl friend.” Rona was still looking at my watch.

“Ron SAID WHAT!” This is unreal. I think this is a joke. Any moment, Terra is going to jump out and yell April Fool’s…. but It’s January?

“Yeah, Ron says that Brice talks to himself all the time. So you had to go in and beat up both of his minds, so he don’t flirt with Terra no more. Ron says he always stares hard at Terra like he wants to say something but can’t.” Sasha was breaking a few sexual harassment rules.

“Thanks for having my back, ladies. I think I need a cup of coffee.”

“Anytime, babe.” Rona and Sasha left.

I walked over to Terra’s office. I just don’t have any answers today.

No comments: