Wednesday, October 15, 2008

WHY ARE ALL THE HOT CHICKS VILLIANS?

I arrived at the Yoo Street Corridor in fairly good time. According to Sha’Donnna, someone stole three endangered wolves from the National Zoo. Her adoration for any type of dog was surely her drive for following this crime – as opposed to letting the local authorities handle it.

The historic Pips Theatre roof top is one of our usually meeting places when on patrol. I arrived to find Ralph huddled over Sha’Donna rubbing her belly.

“She’s hardly two months into the pregnancy, what do you hope to feel?” I asked.

Ralph backed away as Sha’Donna cut her eyes at me. I walked over to the edge and looked down at the street below. Apparently, a woman with platinum blonde dreadlocks had possession of the three baby wolves in a cage in a cherry red convertible just below.

“Where is the woman?” I didn’t see anyone standing next to car.

“She went inside.” Sha’Donna said. She had turned to Ralph giggling and playfully smacking his hand. Could this really be happening, I wondered.

“Why didn’t you just go down and get the wolves? They are just sitting out in the open…” I tried to sound condescending.

Oh, Ralph said and Sha’Donna cut her eyes again. I sighed, and probably for the hundredth time in the six months that Sha’Donna has been a part of the Urban 30, I wondered exactly how she impressed Tony enough to gain membership. Her phone rang.

“Hello?” She was loud, unintentionally I would assume. “Oh, hey Tony!” Speak of the devil. “Huh?” Sha’Donna planted her hands into her hips – she was suddenly upset. “What?” Her eyes widened and then squinted. Doesn’t seem like she’s happy at whatever Tony just told her. “Whatever, man…” She hung up the phone.

“What happened?” Ralph asked, probably genuinely concerned.

“Tony just told me I I was off the team - after this mission.” Sha’Donna responded.

I turned away to laugh. Best decision ever! I turned back around to see Sha’Donna crying.

I looked back to the street below to see the chick with platinum dreadlocks coming out of the nail salon. To think she may have been in there getting a manicure or a pedicure, while these two were up here playing house.

Just as was about to swoop down and grab the baby wolves, another woman came out of the nail shop. She was so familiar. Then it hit me, that was the chick who’d dumped her boyfriend in the break room earlier today. Same hair, different outfit. Hotter outfit. Wow, that puts her pass a 10 on the scale.

The woman with the dreadlocks picked up the cage of wolves and placed in on the sidewalk as if it weighed nothing. The break room chick kneeled down and took each baby wolf out, one by one. Not even a minute later, the wolves grew into some sort of werewolf like beasts the size of horses. She must have some sort of mutating touch. I suddenly wondered why all of the super hot chicks were villains.

“Time for some action!” I said as I leaped off the building.

Both women saw me immediately and jumped in the car.

“Get the wolves, I will get the ladies.” I said to Ralph and Sha’Donna.

The women sped off and I followed in the air. I swear she was doing at least 90 miles an hour on those city streets – and she didn’t hit a thing. Maybe she was one of those lady race car drivers. Even more hot!

It was hard to get close because of all the traffic lights and cables and crap, but I finally got close to grab the break room break up chick. I would have scolded her for not wearing a seat belt, but it was to my advantage.

We flew straight up in the air as I gave her the 3rd degree. Who are you? What did you do to the baby wolves? What’s your game plan? All the usual stuff… She laughed in my face.

“I’m surprised you still have your powers. You were one the first.” She said. She even talks hot.

With that comment, she thrust her knee into my stomach causing me to drop her. Before I could even fly down to get her, she some how grabbed a pigeon and it transformed into some huge monstrous bird. Ew, don’t those things carry germs?

I probably should have chased her, but I was kind of grossed out.

No comments: