Friday, January 18, 2008

BUT I'M ON VACATION...

Today we lost Martin and Angie, the two special assistants. They hadn’t really done any assisting ever, but that doesn’t have to be a reason for Ms. DeVane. When they got to work, there were two temps at their desks being training. Ms. DeVane reapplied her make up as she crossed over to them to confirm they’d been replaced. To some, she was the devil.

Yesterday, I stopped by Terra’s apartment to update her. I couldn’t help but wonder if I would have run into Candice while I was there. I tried not to make a big deal about it. I didn’t do the same, today, because I was meeting Michelle for karaoke again. I didn’t want to find any reasons to be late.

This was a new spot for Michelle. Some friends had told her it was the best karaoke bar in town, but she usually never gets out on Friday’s. So, there we were, drinking and eating… and singing. I was genuinely having a great time, watching and laughing. Michelle and I eventually did our version of Fire and Desire. And while these two geeks were performing a Michael Jackson hit, all hell broke loose.

The Metal Men broke through the wall. This was crazy. How can villains strike when I’m on restriction? This is so unfair.

No comments: