Friday, March 28, 2008

VOICEMAIL

It’s not that I didn’t want to see Michelle; I’ve always had a great time with her. But it was weird that I was just thinking of Candice and Michelle pops up. Is this the universe telling me that I can’t have Candice?

Not only because of the itch in my throat, but also because I didn’t really feel social today. I didn’t want to be at lunch with Michelle – or any of them for that matter. I wanted to drop in on Candice and be reminded of her smile. I think I should just go home for the rest of the day.

I flipped open my phone, hoping to think of a way out of lunch. Just then I realized that I had not answered any messages from last night, including the reinstatement text from Dispatch and a missed call from Terra. Quickly, I typed a “glad to be back” text to Dispatch then dialed my voicemail. We met the ladies and I hugged Michelle as I keyed through the prompts to get my voicemails. Apparently there were five. I went through four before I reached Terra’s.

Michelle was already frowning that I was on the phone this long, but when I finally heard Terra’s message I blocked everything else out. …something about Christopher taking Kera. The drama never ends.

“You know what guys, I just remembered I had a meeting scheduled with the boss. Michelle, I will make it up to you. Promise.” I stood from the table and walked away.

I could feel the stares as I walked off. Derrick would definitely be upset and Michelle would no doubt want a long conversation about all of this. All that can wait, though. I flipped my phone open and sent a text message to Terra. I needed to know where to meet.

No comments: