Monday, April 28, 2008

LUCK BE A LADY!

One thing about being a superhero is that sometimes it can really take over your life. Don’t get me wrong, I love it. It’s just that sometimes you can really lose yourself. Leaving during lunch yesterday gave me such a huge problem with Michelle. Now I’ve got to figure out how to make it up to her. Though she isn't Candice, Michelle is quite fun to spend time with. Any guy would be lucky to have her on the team. For now though, I needed to give Michelle a few days to calm down – and a few days for me to relax.

I’d decided tonight to go out with Marc to Chuck’s. We’d called Ean to see if he wanted to catch up to us, but since that tunnel thing, he’s been pretty low profile. Derrick didn’t join us because he wanted to spend more time with Tracie. It didn’t really matter because he’d sworn to Marc that he had nothing to say to me for almost ruining his thing with Tracie. Ladies and Gentleman, welcome back to the tenth grade.

Chuck's was pretty empty this evening, due to the fact it was just mid-week. Jazmine, one of the main attractions to the place, seemingly started her set early and was serenading some guy in the corner. He’d thrown a ball of singles, as if Jazmine were a stripper. Makes him look sort of pressed.

Before we sat down, I spotted Candice coming out of the kitchen. I felt the smile dominate my face and I pushed Marc to the side. He took the hint and found us a place to sit. When Candice looked at me, I nodded and walked over to her. It was moments like this where i thought nothing of Michelle.

“Good to see you tonight.” I flashed a white smile.

“Why don’t you see me when I’m not at work…” Candice smirked and turned to retrieve an order from the bar.

I walked up and sat beside her on the bar stool. “I’m thinking we should do something this weekend.”

“Let me see your phone.” Candice looked me up and down. Though I’d just finished a heavy brawl with Raz and Tam, my hair was no where near as bad as it was when I got attacked by dirt and misty bats.

I handed my phone off to Candice and she began pressing buttons.

“I’m looking forward to the weekend. I hope to hear from you.” Candice pushed the phone back to me and walked away. She didn't get far; Candice was searving the table right next to where Marc was sitting.

I felt like the luckiest guy in the world to have walked in on this particular evening. This was going to be a fun night.

No comments: