Friday, December 26, 2008

SO THAT'S WHAT THEY DO!

The whole section of basement was empty. Aside from my “disagreement” with the hot chick (and the two towel boys), there was nothing. The last room had a giant monitor on the wall. I wondered if it would fit in the living room of my apartment. After this guy goes to jail, it becomes police property anyway – better my living room then theirs.

I picked up the remote and pushed the power button. Not only did the screen come on, but an entire console emerged from the floor – not to mention the book case on the left wall flipped around to reveal a huge glass display of small figurines. Very familiar figurines.

I put down the hot chick – apparently just as she was waking up. Quickly I ripped a strip of the metal plate in the wall and wrapped it around her hands.

“Sorry for the make-shift shackles, but I don’t want to have to hit you with any more tables.” I smiled. Damn she was hot!

I walked over to the wall casing with the figurines. The glass doors were locked, sort of like the display in a jewelry store. I looked back at the console that had appeared from the floor and then to the remote. Pushing several buttons I realized it worked just like a regular television remote.

Menu. Room Features. Walls. Unlock Case.

Much like when I push the button to unlock my car doors, I heard the click. I walked back over to the case and studied each figurine. These things were so detailed – more so than the ones we found a few months ago. This guy had a lot of time on his hands to design them with such accuracy.

“You are not a real man, to have hit me with a table.” Apparently the hot chick was fully alert.

And that’s when I noticed it. There was a small rendering of the hot chick. I picked it up and walked over to her. Kneeling down, I held the clay mini next to her face, amazed.

“I wonder if he does this from pictures. This would be perfect for my parent’s anniversary.” I smiled. “This one looks just like you.”

The hot chick gasped as she noticed the figurine.

“You must destroy it now!” She panicked.

“Why?”

“You fool…” She sounded so cliché. “Your powers and life are attached to the totems. You must destroy them to break Seth’s magic.”

I saw the worry in her eyes. Considering I can’t leave a damsel in distress, I smashed the small figure between my fingers. Hot chick released a sigh full of tension. Her relieve brought on a level of sexiness. I swear of she stops being evil, I’m taking her out on a date.

As a courtesy, I pulled off the jagged metal I bent around her wrists as hand-cuffs, and told her she was free to go. I had found the source of Seth’s power. There was no need for me to worry how the rest of this day would go.

But I kept her cell phone. I needed it to call a few people. First Barry. I dialed as I walked back to the to the glass case. I searched for his figurine, finding it by the time he answered the phone.

“Hey Barry. How ya doing.” I laughed at my own game. “So. Um, pick up any cars or buses lately.” My grin was wider than a nerd who got is first kiss.

I listened as Barry went into a funk about his powers and telling me it wasn’t funny to keep reminding him. Something about salt and a wound, I don’t know. Just as I was about to tell him about the totems, the hot chick walked over to the console and began to push buttons. Before I knew it, I could see Barry on the giant monitor.

This, at that moment, became the coolest television ever. But, it doesn’t take away from Seth being a perv for having cameras in our homes. I hope he wasn't watching while I was taking a shower.

“Ok Barry. Tell me how you feel…” I picked up the figurine and gripped my fist until there was nothing but dust. “Now!”

I watched Barry on the screen. At first he looked confused. Then, he jumped around like a teen aged girl who’d just met her favorite boy band. Somewhere in there, he crushed the phone and I lost communication.

Ok. Got Barry out of the way. Now I needed to call the rest of the Urban 30 who lost their powers.

No comments: